Thursday, 11 July 2013

Why I'm doing this.

For two years now I have been going to the gym and for a year I saw no change, no weight loss, no increased fitness....nothing. At the start of 2013 I was getting bored of this and knew something had to change. Looking on various social networking sites for answers I quickly discovered that the diet industry was full of b******t.....so what now. Then I came across Body Type Nutrition http://bodytypenutrition.co.uk/, run by Ben Coomber, while listening to a local radio station. In March I attended a seminar held by Ben Coomber and WOW what and eye opener. It taught me about what we get from the foods we eat, the benefits of weight training, the information to avoid that is so readily available to people looking to lose weight, the importance of sleep and much much more. So now it was time to stop counting how many calories I was eating and focus more on the benefits I would get from foods.

After the seminar I started making small changes, drinking water instead of squash, making sure I got enough sleep, spending less time doing cardio and more time weight training and most importantly changing my view on food (more on this to follow).

Currently I am reading the 'Nutrition for Dummies' book (I had to start somewhere!) and I have decided to write about what I am learning, what I am doing to implement my findings and how these changes are affecting me physically and mentally. I'm not going to pretend like I know it all, I just want to share with you what I am learning and make it simple for those people looking to make changes in their life so they too can start feeling the benefits I am starting to feel.

At the end of the day I only get one body, one shot at this life and I want to live it the best I can in the best shape I can.

No comments :

Post a Comment