Friday, 22 November 2013

Make the Most of Your Leftovers

Before embarking on this new lifestyle I threw away so much food. Now I realise there is a use for almost EVERYTHING.



For example this week I made a Spaghetti Bolognese in the slow cooker Tuesday, knowing I would not eat all the mice, I stored the leftovers in the fridge and served it on a jacket sweet potato for my dinner last night. I ate what I could but had some mice and potato leftover, kinda like a mince meat hash I suppose. So I put that in the fridge and ate it this morning with two boiled eggs! Oh and I had half a jacket potato left so that's my lunch today.

Now I know a lot of you will be 'ew mince for breakfast' but at the end of the day breakfast is just another mean, and a very important meal at that. So put down the cereal and have some real food! The only reason people eat cereal for breakfast is because that's what we think we should eat and good marketing. And I suppose because people are lazy. But really, get out of the habit of eating cereal for breakfast and try some real food.

Experiment with your leftovers, freeze any unused veg, cooked or uncooked, and add to a lovely soup, save leftovers for breakfast, lunch and dinners. Freeze unused over ripened banana's for smoothies.

So guy's lets stop the waste and start being creative.

No comments :

Post a Comment